Friday, June 6, 2008

A Mask on Reality

Ahh, reality. So utterly definable and absolutely irrefutable, yet totally subject to change and completely open to interpretation.
Something I can probably ponder better after I've masticated. No, I did not say 'masticate' as a thinly-veiled synonym for 'masturbate'. What are you, a pervert or something? Go look in the bloody dictionary. Or learn to play Scrabble. In which case you'll have to look in the dictionary a hell of a lot of times.

So, my loyalty to science remains unshaken, although I've no idea as to how or why it would be shaken in the first place. We have so much to thank it for.
And my childhood infatuation with space is only partly diminished with age.

A joke I absolutely must share (best understood if you've done calculus in some form):
In calculus class we do alot of mathematical problems that involve the principle of integration (well, of course - that's the fundamental heart of calculus).
So, quite often, you'll hear our professor saying something like, "We'll need to integrate that ..." or "What's the integral of ..." or "There are many ways to do this integral ..." or "It takes a bit of experience to do this integral ..." or "You might recognize this integral ..." .. and so on and so forth.
Only problem is, when he says the word 'integral' ... his accent makes it sound like .. 'intergirl'. Now replace that in every sentence and you may or may not see what I mean. I don't think our professor realizes it at all, he looks, like, 60 years old or something.
Thus for me the fun in Calc II class may never end. Whoo.
Further (approximate) quotes:
"... now, when you look at this improper integral, it's kind of obvious ..."
"To solve [problem so-and-so], you'll need to check the limits of this integral ..."
*prize quote* :-P "As you can see, this particular integral doesn't have any limits ..."

Life, hast thou plans for me?
Ahh, forget it, I need to get a real one before I make anything of it.

No comments: