Sunday, December 27, 2015

I Had Such A Nice Title For This

It rhymes with 'fool' but it was such a good word to describe my current situation. Why didn't I write it down?!

After a half-asleep misdemeanour by me, and subsequent misunderstanding by my fellow human, I have no one to talk to except you, dear reader. Coming after a terribly therapeutic session of (what should have been) teenage angst, it feels hard to cope. But what are my problems in light of hers (and, by extension, theirs)? Nothing, and she knows it, and I know it, and, without sarcasm, it begs the question of why she tolerates me at all.
Perhaps tonight wasn't the best night to watch Dead Poets Society for the first time. If only all culture were homogeneously 1950s-era American-prep-school, then perhaps it would be more directly applicable to my life. Would I have done alright at a boarding school? It's hard to say.

My impostor syndrome is kicking in harder than usual recently, on account of meeting a goddess. I feel like perhaps I should be grateful I don't have any of those pesky "social skills" to get in the way of my interactions with her. I wrote a song on account of her, which is ... nice? I guess? Would I have written the same song were I in the USA right now?

The pain kicks in my chest with the usual regularity these days. I shouldn't have listened to her - she was only trying to get me out of my shell. I think I was in there for my own good.

Fuck human nature, that's what. A long-distance relationship? Out of the question. Help me out here, Ellie.

No comments: