Thursday, August 15, 2013

I Dream Of The Ether

Did I tell you about that time? Perhaps you recall (who am I kidding, no you don't, because I haven't told more than, like, one person) how the happiest, most blissfully joyous moment of my adult life was as I woke from a beautiful dream.
Honestly, damn, that was a happy moment.
And, of course, immediately following that was the moment of my life that was almost as sad as the previous moment wasn't, when I realized that it was a dream.
I mean it, damn, that was a sad moment.

Seriously, talk about bittersweet.

I've seen people, few though they are, who experience blissful happiness. I envy them.
I got a taste of it. And short of spending the rest of my life learning lucid dreaming, I am likely to never experience that again. That's all that matters, isn't it? Because hypnotism wouldn't work on me, I think too much. It's true - I got on stage for two hypnotism shows and I was weeded out, nothing to do with stage fright.

What floats my boat, one might wonder - and that's a good question, one that I'm evidently still in the process of figuring out. I'm certainly never going to match Chris Thile, for example - but hey, I can try and do something new ... can't I?

Can't I?

No comments: