Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Learning To Fly

The last time I had somewhat serious feelings for someone (or believed I did, anyway), it took me well over a year to overcome my attachment. And she was nowhere near as free-spirited as the Breathing Stone ... and, until recently, I had never been subject to the mystery of human contact in a truly meaningful way.

That last time, too, I could only in desperation push myself to reveal my feelings - shortly before I departed for a new life. That was close to five years ago.
And here I am, doing it to myself again.
In a way, it's her own fault that my emotions have developed in such a fashion ... and yet, I don't think I'd have it any other way. I've learned - or so I would hope - to count my blessings.

She could possibly find new friends; I'm not that important. I'm going to have to find a new life, and not having her as a direct part of it is going to be one hell of a thorn on the rose that my future might be.

No comments: