Thursday, December 20, 2018

Connection

If you read this, it's already too late. You're trapped in the same cruel simulation that drives all of our lives.

Why do I even bother? It's not like I've got a chance ... she said so herself. With everything she represents, how could I even hope to compete for her attention?

I believe what people tell me. That's what children are wired to do, after all, aren't they? Wired to learn and accept what they are told to be true.
You have to be taught to think constructively. You have to be taught to question, or at least to question with purpose.

Nobody taught me to think the thoughts that humans need to succeed. And yet I am shamed for my inability.

Without those thoughts, I am unworthy, incomplete, unfulfilled, unloved, and any number of other adjectives.

Even teddy bears need hugs, or so I've tried telling myself. The truth will set you free ... free from everything but the truth.

No comments: