Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fearless

I live in perpetual fear of ...

... the minuscule lapse of attention it would take for me to be struck by a car on Indian roads.
... the infinitesimally small margins by which buses avoid head-on collisions as I commute to/from work.
... a meteorite hitting the planet.
... a meteorite hitting me.
... falling into the gutter, on account of my poor balance, or the rain, or being forced off the road by a vehicle driving close to the edge of the road.
... the one mosquito bite it would take to contract malaria, or worse.
... the one fall, on stairs or concrete, that could leave me with a broken neck.
... my mandolin strings snapping as I play, cutting my skin and giving me tetanus.
... falling off my bed as I sleep.
... wetting my bed like I did as a child.
... slipping in the shower.
... stepping in cow dung.
... missing something important.
... loneliness.
... beautiful women.
... life.
... death.
... going insane from the stress of dwelling on all of the above and more on a daily basis.

No comments: